In India, the cauliflower season is bountiful and it’s a sight that one can not miss. Inclined to the western palette, this roasted cauliflower served with Vadouvan infused coconut curry recipe is an amazing experience in itself.
This South Indian recipe, with coconut, cauliflower, and Vadouvan, is yet another variant of this non-spicy spice mix but with very pronounced flavors. When Combined with coconut curry and basmati rice, this is a unique dish to discover.
Can you imagine it? Now go ahead and make this recipe, it’s even tastier!
- Cut the peppers into thin strips and deseed them.
- Mix vinegar, sugar, a little salt and a little water in a bowl and add the peppers.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ° and during this time, cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- Place these on a baking sheet and brush them with olive oil with a little salt.
- Roast for about 30 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and grilled.
- In a wok, grill the shallots until crisp, set aside.
- Then brown the onion and add the ginger garlic paste, keeping the same container.
- Add the cubed tomatoes and the chili marinade to the mixture, and allow to reduce while stirring carefully.
- Whisk in the coconut milk, bring back to the boil, and let the curry thicken until creamy.
- Then add the two spoons of Vadouvan, put back a round of broth, and let it simmer for a good 5 minutes.
- Serve the curry with the hot basmati rice, garnish with roasted cauliflower and grilled shallots, then sprinkle some chopped cilantro on top.
Spices used in this recipe
Vadouvan, vadavam de Pondicherry
Le vadouvan est un mélange d'épices douces prêtes à l'emploi, aux origines indiennes et adaptées à la cuisine français...
Our other recipes
An essential element of Indian cuisine, garlic and ginger paste keeps very well in the fridge. It is traditionally prepared in advance and used extensively in home-cooked meals.
Let us share this South Indian inspired recipe that uses this spice having its origins in Tamilnadu, India. The same region where it’s traditionally made and our production office is situated.
Winter is coming, and vegetarian stews are an excellent source of protein with the use of pulses and smoked tofu mixed with Vadouvan, the magical spice from South India.